J.J. Reneaux Emerging Artist Grant
Applications for the 2012 Emerging Artist Grant due:
Past Recipients of the J.J. Reneaux Emerging Artist Award:
The Emerging Artist Grant awards $1000 to a storyteller of major and unique performing talent who has not yet received wide public recognition.
Criteria for recipients:
1. You should intend to gain at least part of your income from professional storytelling performance.
2. Your current performances should demonstrate considerable talent and large potential for development.
3. Although your career is at an early stage, you should already show a distinctive voice and style, and have the potential to advance the storytelling art.
4. You should not yet have received wide public recognition (such as featuring at a major festival or theater).
What the grant will and will not fund:
- The grant may be used only to pay for activities that will advance your storytelling skills: for instance, workshops, specific courses of study, coaching or work with a director, mentoring by senior tellers, relevant conference attendance, and other forms of training.
- Grants cannot be applied to research, marketing, promotional materials, recordings, props, costumes, etc.