Stay with us right where all the workshops will take place for ultimate convenience & networking!
Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
4445 Main St, Kansas City, MO 64111
To book room online: Book your group rate
- Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza Special National Storytelling Conference Rate - $115.00 (plus tax) per night
- Rate includes complimentary guest room internet and self parking
- First come, first serve for available rooms at group rate; limited number of double/double rooms available for sharing (other rooms are single King bed).
- Last day to book your room: 7/7/15 (but could sell out earlier!)
Get There By Air
Fly into Kansas City International Airport (MCI) - http://www.flykci.com/. The airport is about 23 miles, or about 30 minutes drive from the conference.
Use Super Shuttle and get a $6 discount on your round trip from the airport to the conference hotel (Marriott Country Club Plaza) and back ($32 round trip or $19 one-way:
- Reserve online with discount code UHNYP: http://groups.supershuttle.com/nationalstorytellingnetwork.html
- Or, call to reserve at 1.800.BLUEVAN (258.3826) and give the agent the discount code UHYNP.
When you arrive at the Kansas City airport (MCI), obtain your luggage and check in at a SuperShuttle office located right across from baggage claim inside the terminal.
Get There By Train or Bus
Amtrak also has service to Kansas City, with its Union Station stop just 3 miles (about 7 minutes drive) away from the conference hotel. http://www.amtrak.com
Good news, for those of you driving or renting a car, on-site hotel parking for those staying overnight at the hotel will be FREE. Parking is $7 per day if you are not staying at the conference hotel.
No car is required while onsite though! Walk or shuttle a few blocks away to dozens of choices for meals according to your budget and preference…from soups, salads, & sandwiches to seafood, from Chinese to Mexican, from Italian to famous Kansas City BBQ: http://countryclubplaza.com/merchants/dining/